[DFR Lore] The Rift

1. Spuddylicious

Spuddylicious Seraph - Community Management & Development
    Staff Member

Introduction:
    When the cataclysm struck Erebus, many people died. Some survived, and lived out their lives on Erebus, rebuilding what had been destroyed, burying their dead. A few, however, were caught in an inter-dimensional rift, their souls contained, until they are transported into Vesperus.

Time:
    Time does not move. Nor does it stand still, in the rift. It is distorted and contort. Souls trapped inside do not experience aging or any kind of time passing. Souls can be contained in the rift forever, or until they escape into Vesperus.

Healing Properties:
    The rift itself has healing properties. It heals any damage or changes to the raw blood type of the person, such as STDs, or Lycanthropy. Dismemberment or limbs that are not present upon arrival into the rift are restored, from toes to entire arms. Although lost limbs in regards to a birth defect are not. Finally, the rift heals spiritual impurities, such as Vampirism and curses, meaning effects from such 'diseases' will no longer take effect when the person leaves the rift.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2017
  2. BeenStock

BeenStock Seraph - Community Management & Moderation
    Staff Member

So it can heal lost limbs, but would it heal a person with a born disorder, like being crippled or having a limb that simply doesn't grow? Does it heal mental disorders like dementia or schizophrenia?

3. TNTCtrm

TNTCtrm Seraph - Events
    Staff Member

It does not heal mental impurities, no, but on the question of those born without limbs, I have no real answer, the staff team will discuss it.

4. Spuddylicious

Staff Member

I've now updated it. Lost limB's at birth remain lost, but those removed during the character'set lifetime on Erebus are restored.

5. Flelark

Flelark Member

What happens to effects of Magic on the user, such as Mind Magic and the other spheres that have non-physical effects that wouldn't be defined as "Curses" such as Mutation, as well as Undeath (AKA Lichdom)?

Last edited: Feb 23, 2017
  6. Spuddylicious

Staff Member

I'll add that in as soon as I can.

7. Flelark

Flelark Member

Would things such as Castration also be healed by the Rift?

8. TNTCtrm

TNTCtrm Seraph - Events
    Staff Member

Yes, they are healed, although I'm inclined to believe you asked simply for the comical effect rather than actually asking lol

9. Flelark

Flelark Member

Actually, being completely serious.

Skin By Dragonbyte Tech
Original theme by DragonByte Technologies