?

Do you think that there should be a map reset?

1. Yes, I would like to start completely fresh with no builds transfered.

55.6%
  2. Yes, but I want to keep one of my builds when I come over, even if it is partially destroyed.

25.9%
  3. No, I don't want to lose all the progress I have made.

3.7%
  4. Other, I have commented below.

7.4%
  5. I have no preference and would be okay with any of the options.

7.4%

Map Poll

1. Atheleys

Atheleys Retired Seraph
    Staff Member

Hello this is an informative post about what we have been thinking as a staff team and to address some other things from another thread (http://dawnfirerealms.net/threads/somnium_omega.1575/).

We are considering a map reset in which all players, as per usual, will be forced to move to the new map. However, we would like your input as a community.

The reason we are considering this is because the map is borderline over-populated, often with builds that are incomplete or griefed. There are fewer and fewer places for people to settle and so many of the towns that once were used and populated have been left to decay, case in point Llyndra, Aetherdark, etc.

More details concerning a possible map reset will be released after some time. More vote options may also become available.

2. Darktower46

Darktower46 Active Member

Speaking from experience, I fully agree that the server is getting a bit crowded. There are of course some areas that have not been built in yet, but most of those are very far away from any other town, in strange, boring, or otherwise unworkable location.

Now as to the move, I will be the first to say I love my builds, and would really prefer not to loose them, but that being said, I think a clean slate is the best option. It presents us with a great opportunity to band together and make great new builds in a whole new map, without being worried about liking it the way a build looked before as there are no builds. That's just my two cents as fire would say :)

Last edited: Mar 6, 2016
  3. Desert_Scourge

Desert_Scourge Active Member

Perhaps instead of taking builds over, post SCHEMATICS for these builds, allowing you to rebuild, but still not lose your original designs.

4. Atheleys

Atheleys Retired Seraph
    Staff Member

Without access to console it will be hard to get schems to players

5. DeanQueen

DeanQueen Seraph - Biographies Lore & Roleplay
    Staff Member

I recently came up with an Idea with the assistance of TNT that would work well, you can find it under @SingleCelledPsyk ´s most recent post.

TNTCtrm likes this.
  6. Theycallhimtim

Personally i think for the past several years this server has been great But in order for it to return to its former glory we do need a map reset
    When you walk out of spawn that area is badly damaged As is many other areas There are Tons of builds from players whom have been banned or no longer play
    Personally i think in order for the server to grow It needs a fresh start i doubt any new player wants to see heavily mined or stripped zones I have spent over a year on one build and i will be sad to see it go but sometimes a clean slate is just what is required

FireSlayerx and Atheleys like this.
  7. Atheleys

Atheleys Retired Seraph
    Staff Member

There's a certain refreshing feeling on a new map, sometimes it's all you need for your latest creation is a fresh canvas

8. Prenumbra

Prenumbra Aide

If anybody doesn't support a full map reset with a removal of all builds, they are communists who are incited to destroy our beloved fast-food establishments, powergaming expenditures, and ridiculous RP. Vote for the candidate who's going to stop these communist, vote Qwerty.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2016
    DeanQueen likes this.
  9. morrnd

morrnd Active Member

I'm more communist than capitalist, so I will change my vote just to annoy you. #Deathtocapitalism

10. Theycallhimtim

Maybe thats all i need is a new map to start a war on because with the current one Ehh ive already broke so much stuff its not the same

11. Atheleys

Atheleys Retired Seraph
    Staff Member

Why wars?

12. Spuddylicious

Spuddylicious Seraph - Community Management & Development
    Staff Member

I think the question you should be asking is "Why not wars?"

TNTCtrm and DeanQueen like this.
  13. NomadicMerchant

NomadicMerchant Active Member

Wars can be useful to promote the peaceful characters, and to develop the good and bad characters

14. Spuddylicious

Spuddylicious Seraph - Community Management & Development
    Staff Member

This subject is under review. ;)

15. Theycallhimtim

its kinda my thing yanno
    its why everyone loves and hates me I keep things fresh
    im also a bad human being

Skin By Dragonbyte Tech
Original theme by DragonByte Technologies