Please

1. Spuddylicious

Spuddylicious Seraph - Community Management & Development
    Staff Member

I really hate making these threads, I hope you guys don't think I enjoy it.

This evening I received a distressing message relating to a valued player leaving the server due to a number players not caring about others or each other.
    The player mentioned a number of things that they have witnessed recently and I am quite aware of. Metagaming is big on that list alongside other bad roleplay habits. Another thing that I am astonished about is a player "abusing" a new player on the server. I don't care who did it, I just need and want it to stop.

Player-wise DawnFire Realms is aimed at such a niche audience that it is difficult to get new players to stick with us longer than their first day on the server. Granted, role-playing is not for everyone and people will join realising that we are a role-playing server. I feel we are slowly dying as a community, and that is partly due to the staff and I apologise on behalf of us, unfortunately illness and the like cannot be predicted. But abusing new players is not the way to go guys.

We have a problem, as a server. We, as the staff are doing all we can to help you all out. We try to accept all character biographies as soon as we can. We attempt to fix things on the server as often as we can get online, but we can't do it all. We need you to do your bit. Be nice to new players, don't grief each other's stuff, don't kill each other willy-nilly, don't do anything that you wouldn't want to be done back to you.

So here I am, asking once again...
    Please be nice to each other. If you can't do that, I'm sorry but something's going to have to give.

I'm sorry I had to write this post.

Xedryx, morrnd, FireSlayerx and 3 others like this.
  2. Spuddylicious

Spuddylicious Seraph - Community Management & Development
    Staff Member

I don't create these posts because I want to. I don't NEED to create these posts.

I create these posts because I'm attempting to be a half decent "Community Manager". Although it seems I am failing at this.

morrnd likes this.
  3. Mikeall159

Mikeall159 Active Member

It feels like school purposely doesn't let me see these stuff happening, it feels like this happens more in the morning(For me that is) and everything seems fine in the afternoon for me when I'm out of school.

Maybe I'm just blind to see it.

Xedryx and morrnd like this.
  4. DeanQueen

DeanQueen Seraph - Biographies Lore & Roleplay
    Staff Member

I think that ALL of us can find some way to make this apply to us and improve ourselves, therefore making the community better. Everyone who reads this will probably think this doesn't concern them.

Wrong.

This concerns all of us and we need to do our best to help make this community better, even I need to Be better in this area. We all aren't perfect, in fact we're far from it. But we can all do what we can to get as close to Perfection as we can. To see a player leave is depressing and just sad guys. I'm considering it myself at this point. We need to fix this. All of us as a combined effort.

-Dean

5. TNTCtrm

TNTCtrm Seraph - Events
    Staff Member

I agree, though we may not see it, we all have room to improve. Don't just look at this thread and deem it unnecessary. I think we all need to take a good long look at ourselves and see what we can do to improve.

-TNT

morrnd likes this.

Skin By Dragonbyte Tech
Original theme by DragonByte Technologies