Somnium_Omega

1. NomadicMerchant

NomadicMerchant Builder

I think that on Somnium_Omega, y'all should do something similar to Austeros, but make it to where players have to remain part of the original cities untill they reach a certain amount of actual logged play time. It would require a little programming but it would save some of the roleplay factor. Plus it would make it to where inexperianced players can't go and create a town. What are y'all's thoughts on that?

2. Darktower46

Darktower46 Active Member

That is a legitament possibilty that the staff have discussed. In general there are up sides and down sides to that form of rp world, the biggest down side being that iyt becomes excessively difficult for any person wanting to run a town to make a town and if any people go offline for extended periods of time, citys would be without leadership. That being said, it does represent some gokd aspects, namely that rp become more centralized and people don't have to hop between twenty citys to find three people.

In general it also brings up another point, what towns? In austeros the towns are divided up into different allignments, with so.e of the major builds like dun-kuldhor being the citys. If we are talking about transfering "main" citys from som beta to omega, we have a seperate thread for that. So far we have nordstar and western-heights as the ones requested for transfer. Would you suggest that we use the allignment method? If so, then we have to really emphasize the importance of character bios with new people, make them make bios before they join a town or maybe have them join a town and base their character off of that citys alignment.

What I am trying to say is that there is a lot to consider. Nothing is entirely out of the books yet, but from what I can tell no specific, dedicated work has been done to make omega a reality, what with austeros requireing much of the attention we have to give. Thank you for your i put and feel free to continue to do so.

3. NomadicMerchant

NomadicMerchant Builder

As far as deciding what towns, We could use Nordstar and the other one, but make them racial based maybe? I know myself and the players in Darkwater would probably be willing to create a town that is maybe neutral on race? which would make 4 towns. Like you said this is a WIP and I am glad you all are thinking about it.

4. Atheleys

Atheleys Retired Seraph
    Staff Member

If anything, I loved the way last map reset was handled, it was more of an RP event... like the plane shifted and reformed into something new, no creations were brought with us and we started it all from scratch again... though I know a lot of you like to keep your builds and there's the debate of what's fair and what's not, etc.

Right now, let it be known, that Som Omega is far in the future

Darktower46 likes this.
  5. Darktower46

That would be an interesting way to make it happen, do you know if there are any recordings of that in bios or anything? I know had a new website when we changed, but did anything survive?

6. Atheleys

Atheleys Retired Seraph
    Staff Member

I don't know really its been awhile

Darktower46 likes this.
  7. Darktower46

no worries.

8. NomadicMerchant

NomadicMerchant Builder

Well in any case, I would like to help build starting cities on Somnium_Omega

9. Spuddylicious

Spuddylicious Seraph
    Staff Member

As said before, we're still not sure if there will be starting cities on Somnium_Omega...

I just thought I'd point out the type of community that has been made on DawnFire Realms. Many people, when they were told about being restricted to three starting cities were pretty annoyed. This makes me feel that the community that we have is extremely creative and constructive. We all want to go off and build our own things, not just to have pre-created cities that we have to stay in for the rest of our lives like Fallout Vaults... So I'm kind of against the idea of having starting cities for Somnium_Omega.

With regard to transferring buildings and stuff across, I'm not really that fussed either way, but i, personally have always liked a clean canvas.

10. Theycallhimtim

If you decide to have starting cities on Omega i would like to suggest Making them Very far apart with Roads connecting them and every Thousand blocks or so have a little house where players can sleep eat and rest Id love to see The Old Miner Z plugin where if you Fell to far you would break your leg and the only way to fix it would be a piece of paper and a stick
    as well if you need help building all tho i am the Least favored player on this network i am willing to help as much as i can because i am a good builder

11. TNTCtrm

TNTCtrm Builder

I feel like we should have starting towns, but your not required to live in them, and if your character was alive for a long enough time you could go and start a new town. Just some thoughts

12. ittyaussie

ittyaussie New Member

as for the clean slate i think that all mcmmo levels should be kept but that all builds are destroyed and towns have to start from the ground up again. I would also be willing to help with building the new Somminum omega starting towns. The landscaping and stuff for the world would be nice if there was a town in every biome that we could travel to to get supplies like hardend or stained clay in a mesa biome, Darkwood in a covered forest, and so on.

13. NomadicMerchant

NomadicMerchant Builder

Hmm... i think we should have to restart completely

14. TNTCtrm

TNTCtrm Builder

I feel the same way, except for having starting towns, that sounds like a good thing to me.

15. Spuddylicious

Spuddylicious Seraph
    Staff Member

Alright, so my only concern is that we created starting towns when we built Austeros, but a lot a the playerbase said they didn't like it.

Could you elaborate on what you mean by "Starting Towns"? If we do do this, we want to get it right, not what WE think is right.

Thanks for the Input Guys!

16. NomadicMerchant

NomadicMerchant Builder

Maybe have a couple nations already in place, set up a capital for each.... Just a thought.

17. NomadicMerchant

NomadicMerchant Builder

I would be more than happy to help with the set up of a nation..... maybe I'll help with an Elvish/mixed-race nation.

18. ittyaussie

ittyaussie New Member

My interpretation of a starting town is a town that has a bank, store, and for the main spawn town some place with signs to tell new players what they need to do in order to get out of entity mode.

19. Spuddylicious

Spuddylicious Seraph
    Staff Member

So, we're saying a couple of Astarte-Sized cities, owned by nations or no?

20. NomadicMerchant

NomadicMerchant Builder

Maybe have like a Mixrace, Elf, Dwarf, Human, and orc towns... This would require players to diversify... it seems the popular races are Human and Elf at the moment.

Skin By Dragonbyte Tech
Original theme by DragonByte Technologies