The Economy Update!

1. Spuddylicious

Spuddylicious Seraph - Community Management & Development
    Staff Member

Mar 30, 2014

So, we've been talking about it for the last week or so, bouncing ideas off of each other, and we've finally come up with something we think will work, but we need your help to make it the best it can be!

The Aims:
    - Balance the economy so it isn't just miners who get rich quick.
    - Create a finite amount of currency circulating around the server.
    - Construct and preserve an entirely player-driven economy.
    - Deflate the economy.

The Update:
    - All players will start off with 2000 Mathoms in Coins / Notes.
    - Currency is now named golden nuggets and paper. Normal golden nuggets and paper will not work.
    - You can still store Mathom coins and notes in your vault.

Now, I know a lot of you won't be happy, you had a lot of money, I understand. But where was that money going? Nowhere, because no one was trading, because everyone just had 200k Mathoms. With this update we wanted to make money worth something, work keeping, saving, stealing, and this is the only way we could see it done.

Now comes your turn. We've given you all 2000 Mathoms to start you off. In order to grow these riches, trade, gift, create a shop in your nearest town. And most importantly, if you find yourself needing something, go out and try to buy it from someone, rather than getting it yourself. If you haven't yet received your 2000 Mathom starting amount, please contact a Seraph either in-game or via Discord. We'll be happy to help.

If you have any questions about this update, please leave them below and I will answer them to the best of my ability. :)

Thank you for sticking with us,
    Spud & The DFR Staff Team
    Fezz_, FireWolfYT and morrnd like this.

Skin By Dragonbyte Tech
Original theme by DragonByte Technologies