What Is DFR To You?

1. Spuddylicious

Spuddylicious Seraph - Community Management & Development
    Staff Member

Hiya All,
    So the new map is in full swing now, and we're working around the clock to build and set up a bunch of cool stuff. But this map is yours just as much as it is ours, so we need opinions. I've got some questions to ask you, feel free to answer them at your leisure. We'd like to capitalise on the things you like, and perhaps improve the things you don't.

What do you love about DawnFire Realms? What keeps you coming back?

What do you feel we could improve?

What do you want to see on the new map?

I can't promise everything, but we value what you think, so thank you for sharing!
    Spud

Xedryx likes this.
  2. Cubeanoid

Cubeanoid New Member

What do you love about DawnFire Realms? What keeps you coming back? Roleplay aside (because we all love the roleplay!), I love the freedom that players have, allowing them to build as they wish, travel, and for the most part, interact with other players. The freedom allows a nice break from roleplay if wanted without the need to switch servers. It also allows for creativity in building, character development and storytelling instead of following a said path that is practically laid out for you.

What do you feel we could improve? I've noticed recently we haven't gotten many new players, it is mostly old players coming back to DFR. I understand that this is a difficult and unpredictable aspect and that it's something that the whole community should be actively striving towards, but nonetheless, I'd like to have an expanding community. As for staff improvements? I'd mostly say enforcing the rules of and monitoring roleplay more closely, though I know you guys are working on that. :)

What do you want to see on the new map? Occasional, small sidequests, but not a large overarching plot.. In the first few weeks anyhow. (Oh and that hell biome I heard someone mention. :p)

3. NomadicMerchant

NomadicMerchant Active Member

I keep coming back because....
    You guys, and gals, are like a family to me. Yeah you guys give me shit all the time, but hey, it's cool. The RP is always interesting. Honestly, I don't have much of a life outside of gaming (Though I am going on a date on Friday night).

I would like to see...
    I would like to see a very large Mountainous Biome, like the one that Serenity is currently located.
    Also a much better maintained and used road system.

4. DeanQueen

DeanQueen Seraph - Biographies Lore & Roleplay
    Staff Member

Ofc, the Roleplay, and the people that actually think about the entertainment of other people and are generous human beings.
    The sense of being able to build as you please is very refreshing as well, as well as the great staff and plugin set. Staff has done a wonderful job with this server and I know I can depend on them to keep things in line when they start to get a bit wonky.

Threads like this http://dawnfirerealms.net/threads/please.1762/ (spuds post) should not be needed to be posted, But sadly they are apparantly needed. It should be common sense for players to just be respectful unto others. It's not all about you, we're all created equal, unless your Milky @Mikeall159 , then your the Fishing God and all shall bow unto you. :p

Once again, the world doesn't revolve around just you. Even I have trouble remembering this and I need to improve upon it.

http://dawnfirerealms.net/threads/never-more.1748/

Well, I already gave qwerty a bunch of my ideas biome-wise :) it included a volcano/paradisey biome, hell biome, floating island biome, a biome similer to twilight forest, and a few others I cannot recall as of now. And on the new map I would like to again see better server etiquette towards one another.
    EDIT: I would also like to see WereWolves :p
    -Deany

Last edited: Mar 15, 2016
  5. Hoffren

Hoffren New Member

-Its propably first RP server where i can make my own town without going through applications etc. So, towny and RP are main reasons since im builder and town/city manager. Havent had much rp on this server to be honest.

What makes you leave and log on only now and than rather than being active.
    -Map. Map, map, map. There is no place where one can settle. Biomes are way too small, they are scattered here and there and everywhere. Small "towns" everywhere you go. Ive said this allmost every time i log in, this server needs much better map. Real'ish continents, no tundra/taiga next to desert or mesa etc. WAY bigger biomes, so that when you build town in plains, its in plains, not between 3 different biomes when it expands. If server gets better map, ill me on alot.

Xedryx and Atheleys like this.
  6. Icebound_Fusion

Icebound_Fusion Seraph - Development Biographies & Roleplay
    Staff Member

Even I brought this up. If 1.8 is implemented then we can bring out Werewolves.. and Gods! Two of my favorite DFR plug-ins!

Atheleys likes this.
  7. littlelego03

littlelego03 Member

Dfr to me? Dfr to me is a amazing rp server with a great community but the thing that i love about it is the mature players that at times even helped me mature! :p ive had some incidents on dfr but you all are so forgiving and its a great community in general so honestly the only thing i would change would be you adding werewolfs and maybe like some new rp aspects? idk honestly

Last edited: Mar 16, 2016
    Atheleys likes this.
  8. TheAlfaTurkey

TheAlfaTurkey Retired Scholar

The lore! From my love of FFH2, the lore is 80% the appeal of the server. The other 10% is the friendly community, the other 10% if Fez's persuasiveness.

More quests/tasks to do! My brain works very systematically and so I enjoy things that I can assign to a certain schedule or time. Henceforth, I enjoy the forums as I can say "Each day I'll check through one new post and respond". Smaller tasks would be great (if possible!)

LORE. I really want to see you guys embracing the lore fully. Have an Orcish fort, have a Malakin Desert City, have a Lanun port, all these things would be awesome to see and interact with!

Skin By Dragonbyte Tech
Original theme by DragonByte Technologies