Forum Tips - Updating Your Status Message
Here's a short tutorial on how to change your Status Message on the DFR Forums. This message can be seen whenever someone views your Profile Page, and is also shown in a widget on the right-hand side of the "Home" menu tab. There are currently two ways to update your message. These are both shown below.
1. Hover your mouse cursor over your username in the top-left hand corner of the screen. A Drop Down Menu should appear.
2. Click on "Personal Details" on the Drop Down Menu.
3. Now you will see your "Personal Details" tab on the forums. Click in the text box and type in your chosen Status Message.
4. Press the "Enter" key on your keyboard, and you should see a confirmation appear at the top of the screen stating that "Your Changes Have Been Saved."
So there's Method 1, but there must be an easier way... And there is!
1. Upon typing www.DawnFireRealms.net into the search bar in your browser, the "Home" menu tab will be shown. If you are already on the website, you can also click the button on the Navigation Bar.
2. This page shows the updates made by the Staff, and special events. More on this subject can be found here. At the right side of the page, there is a module labelled "Recent Status Updates."
3. At the bottom of this module, you should see a text box with "Update Your Status..." written in it. Click on this text box and compose your new status.
4. Press the "Enter" key on your keyboard, and your page will be scrolled to the top. Don't worry! This is normal. Scroll down, and you will see your Status Message displayed on the widget.
- Please note that your Status Message cannot be any longer than 140 Characters long.
- Do not write anything racist, offensive, sexist or any other nasty comments as your status.
XenCarta PRO © Jason Axelrod from 8WAYRUN.COM